Monday, March 1, 2010

Bio Park while we wait...

My mom arrived in Japan on February 22nd. I kept Ben home from school and while we waited to drive up to the airport we went to Bio Park!!

Ben's new Anpanman shoes!! He is very proud of them.

Cranes

Watch out! Please be careful to attack of cranes!

Throughout the park they have footprints printed on the ground. Ben thought these looked like gloves. I'm not sure what animal they are supposed to be from - everything is written in Japanese!


We always stop to feed the flamingos. On this trip they were especially aggressive though. They even scared Piper and Nate while they fought over the food.

They're not scared anymore!

We have never stopped at this particular exhibit. I'm not sure what these animals are but Ben was enthralled with the zookeeper cleaning out their habitat. We probably watched him clean for over 15 minutes.

The animal. They were pretty funny to watch. One in particular kept taking the hose apart while the zookeeper was washing everything down.


I had never noticed the red panda before. He reminds me of Master Shifu from Kung Fu Panda!

Towards the end Ben started to get frustrated and tired. He wanted to feed the raccoons soooo badly and I was done forking over 100 yen at each animal. In the end he got to feed them but that was our last feeding station and we just looked at the rest of the animals.

I guess he wanted to feed them so badly because about 15 of them came up to the window begging for food.